Old but good Cateye Cyclosimulator Trainer - power curve available?

• For the home, I use the Cateye Cyclosimulator CS-1000. It is quite old, but given it was a very high-quality trainer when I bought it, I wondered whether/if power curve could be available for that.

Weird request I know but nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

KT

• Hey there,

Do you think you would be able to retrieve the trainer speed? We would need to have at minimum speed data.
    After that we can look at the company, maybe they have a power curve available for us to use.

Let me know if this trainer broadcast speed on ANT+ or if installing an ANT+ speed sensor is possible.
    Thanks!
    Max

• This is pretty old so no-go on ANT+ on the trainer. The onboard display shows speed that must read off of the load unit in back.

My plan was to use the ANT+ speed/cadence sensor on the bike, and wondered whether anyone had requested a power curve on this bad boy.

Would need to know how to retrieve "trainer speed" to help you out....

• Check page 15 in this manual: http://www.cateye.com/files/manual_dl/5/691/CS1000e.pdf
    Guess that's all Max needs to add support for your trainer.

• Nice find Claude!
    I contacted cateye to see if the can provide more accurate data point since the graph at page 15 is a bit hard to read.
    If they do, it could be doable. You would need to install an ANT speed or speed/cadence sensor to the trainer then use the power curve that I will add for the trainer (seems to have 2 power curve, one with the FAN installed and one without it).

Sorry if the forum is down for some time, I'm doing some maintenance on it.
    Have a great day!

• @ClaudeOne - I actually still have the manual and downloaded softcopy but never saw that curve - thanks for pointing that out!!

@admin - I will do anything you need me to do. I have ANT+ speed/cadence sensors on my bike and can use that to validate what you set up. I have never detached the fan - that's a nice feature and is what compelled me to buy this years ago i.e. combo of adjustable added magnetic resistance with the progressive resistance of a wind trainer on a super-stable platform (reportedly there are still people out there using this for sprint training!).

• I could put a curve for you to test real fast. I am just trying to understand page 15 of the documentation (Figure 1). Why is there multiple curve with the turbo fan installed? You can change the difficulty from 0% to 10%? If so, I could put the curve for 0% only? Let me know what you think.

• @admin - there are multiple increasing settings for magnetic resistance (0 + 7 more), hence the multiple curves shown both with the fan and without. To make it easier, we could focus on having the fan and a single resistance curve as it seems you are suggesting - let me know how I can help.

• @nolemond said:

@admin - there are multiple increasing settings for magnetic resistance (0 + 7 more), hence the multiple curves shown both with the fan and without. To make it easier, we could focus on having the fan and a single resistance curve as it seems you are suggesting - let me know how I can help.

Perfect I just added the curve for the CS-1000. I added the one working with a fan attached at 0% resistance.
    Let me know how it work out for you :)

• I see it - I am shifting my bike to that trainer to give it a run. Is there anything that I should be checking/recording to validate the curve?

• I have tested it with a simulator already and all looks good.
    Under 10mph you should be under 50w for example.
    I have used the curve on page 15 with the Fan at 0% resistance.