Old but good Cateye Cyclosimulator Trainer - power curve available?

• This is pretty old so no-go on ANT+ on the trainer. The onboard display shows speed that must read off of the load unit in back.

My plan was to use the ANT+ speed/cadence sensor on the bike, and wondered whether anyone had requested a power curve on this bad boy.

Would need to know how to retrieve "trainer speed" to help you out....

• Check page 15 in this manual: http://www.cateye.com/files/manual_dl/5/691/CS1000e.pdf
    Guess that's all Max needs to add support for your trainer.

• Nice find Claude!
    I contacted cateye to see if the can provide more accurate data point since the graph at page 15 is a bit hard to read.
    If they do, it could be doable. You would need to install an ANT speed or speed/cadence sensor to the trainer then use the power curve that I will add for the trainer (seems to have 2 power curve, one with the FAN installed and one without it).

Sorry if the forum is down for some time, I'm doing some maintenance on it.
    Have a great day!

• @ClaudeOne - I actually still have the manual and downloaded softcopy but never saw that curve - thanks for pointing that out!!

@admin - I will do anything you need me to do. I have ANT+ speed/cadence sensors on my bike and can use that to validate what you set up. I have never detached the fan - that's a nice feature and is what compelled me to buy this years ago i.e. combo of adjustable added magnetic resistance with the progressive resistance of a wind trainer on a super-stable platform (reportedly there are still people out there using this for sprint training!).

• I could put a curve for you to test real fast. I am just trying to understand page 15 of the documentation (Figure 1). Why is there multiple curve with the turbo fan installed? You can change the difficulty from 0% to 10%? If so, I could put the curve for 0% only? Let me know what you think.

• @admin - there are multiple increasing settings for magnetic resistance (0 + 7 more), hence the multiple curves shown both with the fan and without. To make it easier, we could focus on having the fan and a single resistance curve as it seems you are suggesting - let me know how I can help.

• @nolemond said:

@admin - there are multiple increasing settings for magnetic resistance (0 + 7 more), hence the multiple curves shown both with the fan and without. To make it easier, we could focus on having the fan and a single resistance curve as it seems you are suggesting - let me know how I can help.

Perfect I just added the curve for the CS-1000. I added the one working with a fan attached at 0% resistance.
    Let me know how it work out for you :)

• I see it - I am shifting my bike to that trainer to give it a run. Is there anything that I should be checking/recording to validate the curve?

• I have tested it with a simulator already and all looks good.
    Under 10mph you should be under 50w for example.
    I have used the curve on page 15 with the Fan at 0% resistance.