Adding ability to set % grade in workouts

• Hi,

I'd imagine this has been requested before but I can't find it anywhere. Can the ability to set % grade, for trainers that support simulating hill climbs (and descents) be added?

Thank you,
    Nathaniel

• Hey Nathaniel,

So far I didn't see the value of adding %grade target since you can switch gear and pedal at any power level, so I don't see a %grade as a "target". Let me know if i'm missing something.

Max

• Hey Max,

I've done hill climbs (for example Mt. Washington - a steady 12% for 7 miles) where I've found the most effective training is to find hills of the approximate grade the hill is and then do repeats. What would be nice is to be able to have the trainer simulate that grade (I know the Tacx Neo can do this - even for downhill) and then let me pedal away at that grade for some amount of time. I wouldn't even need to do repeats (it's hard to find 7 miles hills that stay at 12%!).

It's simply a way to have the trainer simulate hills. Exactly how the hills are attacked (e.g., what watts are put out) are entirely up to the biker, not the trainer.

Thanks,
    Nathaniel

• Hi,

Does the % grade workouts make more sense now?

Thanks,
    Nathaniel

• Hey Nathaniel,
    I get what you mean now, there could be an additional field in the workout creator for % grade on the interval for example.
    Will add this to the list of things to do :)
    Cheers,
    Max

• Glad to see it on the Planned Features list!

Thanks,
    Nathaniel