Import .fit file

• It would be great to be able to import .fit files into MT to run as workouts. Any chance of that?

• Hi,

A .fit File is a snapshot of a user workout with his data, not sure I understand how to create a workout with that?
    Cheers,
    Max

• I have in mind what zwift, trainerroad, and similar platforms can do to recreate real-world rides on virtual platforms. I wouldn't want to do that exactly on Maximum trainer, but with enough data-smoothing, it would be great to have a baseline of power and cadence data from a real ride (say a race) that I could then train to on MT.

• @admin said in Import .fit file:

Hi,

A .fit File is a snapshot of a user workout with his data, not sure I understand how to create a workout with that?
    Cheers,
    Max

Max, perhaps you've learned already but if not: a FIT file can be one of many different types. It looks like there are 19 different types according to the SDK documentation "D00001309 FIT File Types Description Rev 2.2.pdf".

Relevant to this discussion, it seems, are these two file types:

• The Activity file type is what you described above as the snapshot of the user's workout "activity" data that was recorded by the device. This is what MaximumTrainer currently has implemented: it creates an Activity FIT file.
    • A Workout file type encodes a structured workout/activity that a device can use to guide the user. It would be extremely helpful if MaximumTrainer can import this file type because some resources generate Workout FIT files (e.g. Garmin and TrainingPeaks).

• Thanks @rider_one , I did not know .fit file could also be used as a workout.
    I'd be sure to check that, since I try to use standard and open format for the software.

• @admin Let me know if you want to discuss the FIT SDK details. Thanks.